An Apple a Day Truly Can Keep the Doctor Away!
Apples contain nutrients and vitamins that may actually work to prevent disease.
Boron, an ingredient in apples, is known to strengthen bones.
- Need to brush your teeth but don’t have a toothbrush? Eat an apple! Known as “nature’s toothbrush,” apples stimulate the salivary glands, which aid in cleaning the teeth.
- Research has shown that the components in apples significantly lower the risk of colon, liver, lung, and breast cancers.
- Pectin in apples lowers LDL (or “bad”) cholesterol. Those who eat just two apples per day can lower their cholesterol by as much as 16 percent.
- Brazilian researchers discovered that women who ate three apples per day while dieting lost more weight than those who ate no fruit.
- At only 80 calories, five grams of fiber, and no fat, an apple makes for a perfect snack